Happiness strike throughout - Hanafedora in Coke's Advert

Hi! how was everyone's Eid celebration? I hope everything is fine and dandy. I think pretty much everyone was busy for the past few days with open houses and visiting relatives and not to forget stuffing ourself with traditional foods. Day and night. Atleast that's what I did. Now I just can't wait for the next invitation.

Last week I've received an email from Coke as in Coca cola the beverage telling me about their ad campaign. Earlier this year they came to Imperial college to shoot a reality sort of commercial featuring the students. And some of you who's already in my facebook already knew about that and already seen me for a good 3 second in it. Yes.

Here's the story.

The shooting was done in one of the canteen in the college. They've set up a wall behind a coke machine will be place. This machine is call the "happiness machine". Why happiness you ask? Because apparently this "happiness machine" gave out cool weird stuffs and of course thousands of coke away for free. How? Through the hole of the machine. They'll be somebody hand in the stuffs personally to the students. And obviously because the stuffs was free, everyone's happy. While this scenarios happen, there's hidden and seen cameras everywhere around the canteen.

The whole idea was to captured true and honest moments and emotions of the students. Showing also how happiness is contagious and because of that happiness, people will starts sharing with each other even with strangers. I really thought it was a great concept and a great ad campaign.

So back to me. Yes. Coincidently my friends and I were having our late lunch together when this happen. Of course I was pretty excited to get something without any cost. Who doesn't?? And of course at that time no one knew what was happening including me.

For all we know there's free stuffs and cokes and somebody was recording us secretly. Hence the true emotion. Are you following this?? Evidently explaining an ad is very complex and I'm not doing a very good job with it.

So yada yada in the end, this guy wearing coke uniform came to each one of us asking us if we would simply sign a talent release form. Apparently they needed it to release our face in the ad. If we refused to sign it, they'll protect our privacy and won't use any of our pictures. If we agreed and they decided to use us for the ad they would then email us telling us to help promote it.

So there you go. Now enough talking. I'll just post the ad here so you can all see what I mean.. hehe pheww.. Now let see if you can spot me in it.

22 comments:

minona said...

huhuhuhu~~
an excitement and wanna more, i think :D

ajjah said...

nice..! u looked so cute there.. how i wish coke (m) would do that kind of ads too..

hanafedora said...

It's an expression of a person who loves free stuff I believe. I'm so embarrassed. hehe

pilotHans said...

hi hana..is that you in 1.30 in the vid? cooL....real happiness..hhahaha...wow, really cool that the coke guy came and approach u guys...ur expression was so cute..haha

hanafedora said...

heheh a lot of coke supply

Heart0509 said...

yeah.. i saw you. cute smile u have.... must be happy dpt coke... :)

Aneesah said...

Haha! So lucky of you!

hanafedora said...

Haha I thought it's like muka tamak happy dpt coke..heeh

Greeny_purplefly said...

cantiknye akak ni......

Lydiarahayu85 said...

baru tengok advert ni. Cool! ehehe

Fatin said...

huh seronok nya ada machine mcm tu. esp love the cupcakes in the end! :D

Anonymous said...

hello there thanks for your grat post, as usual ((o:

Anonymous said...

Hey i am suuper boy

Anonymous said...

Hey i am suuper boy

Sue Anna Joe said...

Hey I missed this. I remember you mentioning it but I didn't see the video. Comelnya. Ahaha, muka happy tak leh blah. I love this ad. It's very sweet and heartwarming!

hanafedora said...

HAHAHAHAH my husband said muka tamak... I think he was right.. It's great marketing isn't it.. Ahhh american, that's their specialty..

Sue Anna Joe said...

Cara you pegang botol tu nampak tamak. Macam "MINE ALL MINE, MWAHAHAHAHHA" Lepas tu lari.

Ada satu komen dalam youtube kata you ni Arab. Haha.

hanafedora said...

What theee??!! arab?? I'm a MALAYSIA...heheh proud one.. rajin gile u bace komen2 di youtube..I nak cari lah..lol

hanafedora said...

What theee??!! arab?? I'm a MALAYSIA...heheh proud one.. rajin gile u bace komen2 di youtube..I nak cari lah..lol

hanafedora said...

What theee??!! arab?? I'm a MALAYSIA...heheh proud one.. rajin gile u bace komen2 di youtube..I nak cari lah..lol

RS said...

OMG this is beyond amazing and awesome!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! =D

hanafedora said...

Cool ey? :)