That time of the month

I was cutting some bread yesterday for some quick lunch when I suddenly feel so emotional. It's that time of the month where I would feel so bloated and ugly. Where chores are abandoned, cooking was the last thing on my mind and everything Fairuz said I would irrationally take it personally. And to make matters worse, Fairuz has his day planned sitting lazily on the couch watching Man U vs what's-its-name. Pfft!

And.... In spite of feeling bloated I still want to stuff my face with very very fatty foods. I was pathetic and I thought watching Bridget Jones was the most sane thing to do.

My take? This is the time we wives really appreciate husbands with great sensitivity. Ones who maybe without any rational reasons surprised us by saying something nice, asked us to go out on an unplanned date or simply being more....what's the word...gratifying?

It's a tricky business but with no scientific prove whatsoever, I do believe that would or might slightly lift up the spirit. I said slightly. It may varies depend on individual.

Really boys. It's only once a month for only a 1 or 2 days. The rest of the month we're happy as a bunny hopping in a meadow full of carrots. So before something else can make me more demented than I already am, Fairuz decided to bring me and my sister to a nice buffet restaurant just across the road from our apartment for a nice dinner.




And you can guess what happened next. I was the bunny who's hopping  now except there wasn't just carrots there, there was a bunch of other I-don't-care-what-it's-called fish, chicken, mushroom and deserts. Thank god I was behaving otherwise I would have brought a tupperware with me.


By the end of the day I can't remember what was it that had made me so emotional. I'm full, satisfied and happy. And most importantly, I'm not the one who the waiter gave the check to. Hehe.


Thank you baby. You know I love you.

17 comments:

RS said...

awwww so shweeeet. I love seeing happy, married couples. It warms my heart! I wonder if I'll ever get married... insyaAllah kan?

www.riskofrain.com

Aida Narina said...

Who doesn't love foodddd, esp the fatty onesss..Even I yang tak ada excuse to have them put nak!! Hehe, btw your guy (and I guess many other guys) will in the end treat the ladies with food/shopping/sweet words after a match. It's like satisfaction to them or something. Hehe. We are really in the same boat. Maybe I was a bit lucky of the football part bcos we both are living on our own :D xoxo!

arin ahamad said...

kak hana..have u went back to uk?kak hana tetap sweet as usual :))

Zarine said...

Ooooh! Your coat is soo pretty! And you too, Masha Allah! :)

yunayuni said...

Oh yes that dreaded time of the month. I could turn out being super sensitive too. And i dont like the uneasiness that it brings. By the way are you from Kuantan? Noticed your FB status hehe. Nice blog :)

honey umaira said...

hehehe...hana, i like your new entry......i'll make sure my husband read this...haha....i got that feeling once every month but not knoe how to tell my husband...luckyly you wrote this entry..thanks hana...:)

hanafedora said...

haha you make sure that he reads this.

hanafedora said...

I'm not originally from kuantan but in 1999 my parents moved there and lived there ever since. Most of the time I'm in KL

hanafedora said...

aww thank you and Alhamdulillah.

hanafedora said...

Yes. It's been more than a month already

hanafedora said...

Haha...actually I kept badger Fairuz into going out and eat something nice.. That's why. pfftt

hanafedora said...

Insya'Allah.. Amin...

Puteri said...

hi dear, aahh, ladies and hormones eh? but wait till u get pregnant, the mood swings are even worse. hubby has to layan the kerenah. i was moody all the time before i found out i was preggers. when i saw the positive sign on the stick, suddenly i figured "ahaa, that's why".

anyway, i love looking at your pix..couple yg sungguh comel lah!

Shahirah Elaiza said...

Hi big sis =) I miss you!

I hate that time of the month too. It's like we get sad/emotional for no good reason. And all the negative emotions feel so REAL. Lepas habis that time of the month I always look back and think, "Man, why I did I get upset over a little thing?" LOL Kudos to everyone who has to put up with us during that horrible time!

Love your hijab here <3

hanafedora said...

I miss you too! time flies and your going back to NZ this month.
There's 2 things I noticed during PMS. A headache and irrational emotional. lol. They say it's worse when you're pregnant...Oh noo..
Thank you sha. :) I noticed your taste in pattern somehow. You like something very english. hehe. I found this hijab somewhere in a local shop in random st in London. But it says made in Italy. Italy does make a lot of scarf no?

Shahirah Elaiza said...

Aww Hana thank you for noticing. Yes I do like flowery patterns and I love Italian-designed scarves.You should get it!

Btw I attended a talk by Sh. Tawfique Chowdhury last night. Aimie was there too. The topic was "The Great Women in Islam". Thought of you =) I know you would've enjoyed it too.

hanafedora said...

aww thank you!!