Make up, a 25 above girl's bestfriend

Oddly as a women, I hate wearing make up. I do!

To be honest, It feels like I have something heavy on my eyes and I can't simply rub or scratch my face however it is that I like without smudging the flawless make up. Try crying or rubbing the eyes with make up on, the next thing you know you looked like a walking zombies.

But as a women, I love make up! Haha confusing I know but it's the truth. I love the miracle of what make up can do by hiding all the uneven skin tone, dark circle or even redness. But it's such a hassle wearing it when you're out all day and you need to repeatedly take wudu' for salah.


So I've never really wore make up when I was in my adolescence or my early days in the UK. I've been a strong believer in au naturale. Traveling, going places, hanging out with friends you name it, I've never really put on a proper make up.


The only time I wore a really massive, huge amount of make up was during my wedding reception in 2009 at my in laws house. I was so afraid I would looked like somebody else instead of me.


During my solemnization, I wore just a little bit of makeup. It was done by a local make up artist in Kuantan. I repeatedly instructed her not to over do it and my mom loved the result.



And during my engagement in 2008, it was genuinely a very simple event that I didn't wore any make up except a compact powder and a lip balm. Gee, talked about a bride to be.



Yes, what you've witnessed above is indeed my engagement day. It truly was a simple yet private event took place in Mandarin Oriental. No decoration, no hired photographer except my bestfriend Taufiq (may He RIP) and most importantly no make up artist. But in spite of that, that day was still one of the most happiest day to me.

So when I turn 25, the day where massive dark circles appeared, uneven skin tone annoyed me, I found comfort in make up. And let's face it I'm not getting younger. And although I don't find it embarrassing leaving the house makeup-less, I still prefered to look well groomed and touched up when I'm out and about.

And being a muslim I know it's a hassle when you need to perform your salah. So here's what I'd do.

I don't fart. Hahaha.

Fine. I'm kidding. 

There's a certain type of make up that can actually lessen the hassle when you're out. Like a powder foundation as it washed out easily. Non waterproof mascara or liquid eyeliner.

And as a person I think personal grooming is important cause it represent who you are and what type of a person are you. No, don't wear 15 layers of make up cause we ain't a rock star. Less is truly is more. Just be sweet and modest and here's what I'd do 

1. Wear powder foundation to cover the uneven skin tone, 
2. A bit of bronzer if I must. 
3. Combing the eyebrow to make it neat.
4. Non-water proof mascara and 
5. A dash of glossy lip balm and I'm good to go.


And the best part is, no need to worry about wudu'. Just wash it off, pray and re-apply it after finished praying. 

It only took 5 minutes.

39 comments:

sue. said...

u so cute dear...

Unknown said...

you have such a flawless skin ;)

-ilyannur- said...

cantik!

RS said...

I do this too! I don't wear foundation though... Just concealer and eyeliner. sometimes i wear mascara but very rarely. bulu mata semua pendek-pendek =( sedih! hahaha. nice blog btw. =)

www.riskofrain.com

Shahirah Elaiza said...

Glad you found the tips helpful =)

kam said...

kak hana, u're too pretty to wear make up. natural beauty is the most beauty of all. can't wait to see thara's.hahaha.

hanafedora said...

Thara's? Haha think u need to head to her account rather than mine then..

hanafedora said...

awww you're so sweet! You go girl. Good luck with your degree. Don't worry I'm sure if you do programming everyday it'll be part of you. I'm starting to like programming now as I'm doing it everywhere. You know what they say..."you won't love em if don't get to know em"..

fatihah said...

dear kak hana's fedora... sometimes you look cute and sometimes you look pretty also. you inspired me in my study especially with programming T_T because it is killing me but that is my major as i am doing Degree in Software Engineering. and i always talk about you to my fiancee until he himself read your blog also.. he said your name is unique :)

RS said...

I'm a journalism student. yes. =) Its not that I don't HAVE to, I just don't. dah tak kisah. =p

Laila said...

love the post1 you look grat on the photos, the firts and the third are so beautiful. it's a good post about make up1

hanafedora said...

Cannot la not wear make up anymore. I'm not as cute as I used too.. haha uneven skin tone people will think that I'm a zombie what with dark circle and all..

hanafedora said...

Hello :) For daily basis I use Max factor.I love it. But occasionally I use chanel foundation. They have a very good one.

Fara said...

Hi there. You're such a pretty lady. Suka sangat tengok!! I wish I can have a flawless skin jugakkkk. Huhu. Teringin tahu what type of make up product you selalu guna.
*love your blog so much!*

hanafedora said...

oh hello! :)

Nurul Syamimi69 said...

Kak pedo x pakai makeup pon da cantikkkk..suke tengok akak

-saya dr budak orentasi yg akk dr fasi kt uniten dlu-

Ami Schaheera said...

loving this :D

Ria said...

You still look good with or without makeup! I prefer the days when you were simple and easy, and careless, that's the real you, and that's what make you so special to me!

Foundations are a bit tricky, get good ones which doesn't coat you skin as that will prevent water from absorbing into your skin (when you do abulation). Foundations that absorb feels very light to the skin, and looks natural, and it usually takes half an hour or 45 minutes to absorb once you apply it to your face. If not, loose powder is good, and it usually contains SPF.

hanafedora said...

Thank you azwa :) I agree with you..mascara can be a hassle sometimes.

hanafedora said...

Thanks to you :)

hanafedora said...

Thank you. Owh good for you, you don't have to wear foundation. I have since I have uneven skin tone. ;( you're a journalist? so cool!

hanafedora said...

hahah mana ada pondan la weh..

hanafedora said...

Oh believe me I do have uneven skin tone. The pictures are just playing a trick on you and of course the magic of wearing make up. hehe

hanafedora said...

I know! I think so too :)

Azwazman said...

hi hana... u have a beautiful skin, even without makeup :) how i wish i can have flawless skin.. hehe i prefer simple makeup too.. & i don;t like wearing mascara cause hassle to wash especially when need to solat..

Akmar said...

honey, i don't believe u do have uneven skin, u look flawless..any tips on that?

hunny said...

you looked sooooo different with massive makeup at your in law's reception! i think you look better with less makeup on! fresher i must say! hehe

hanafedora said...

Seriously...don't fart is one of the day to not mess the make up..lol

hanafedora said...

Alhamdulillah :)

hanafedora said...

When I wear kolh it smudges alot so I look like a panda.. *sigh

hanafedora said...

I hope nobody see you laughed in front of the computer alone..lol

hanafedora said...

awww good for you :)

hanafedora said...

awww good for you :)

hanafedora said...

Haha I thought the same thing too.. But then don't wear expensive lipstick if you know you're going to washed it off..

ak fadzil said...

"And being a muslim I know it's a hassle when you need to perform your salah. So here's what I'd do.

I don't fart. Hahaha."

you are funny and beautiful!

ak fadzil said...

"And being a muslim I know it's a hassle when you need to perform your salah. So here's what I'd do.

I don't fart. Hahaha."

you are funny and beautiful!

opY said...

Agreed!but i still think that i look like a pondan whenever i put make-up.yucks!haha

susuegoodday said...

u look beautiful without make up too dear sis....alhamdulillah...

::Ida:: said...

oh hana,
like you.. i hate make up too!! but loving it at the same time :P
i keep buying makeup but hardly apply it on my face. some of the lipstick or eyeshadow i had is almost 8 years old :P
so my only make up regime will be kohl eyeliner from makkah. you can even wear it to solat :P
and sometimes i sleep on it too. (see how malas i am??)
btw you're just as pretty even without your make up :)