A tribute to our precious friend


In loving memory, Taufiq Shariff 
(1 Jan 1983 - 16 Oct 2010)
Suffered from a brain tumor

Sometimes a great friend is not someone we knew a long time, but how much we learn to know about each other and accept it. A friend who has touched our lives and leave footprints in our heart. My good friend, Taufiq Shariff was such a person, and this is why I have undertaken this entry to remember him, honour him, and share with you his good stories.

I knew Taufiq back when I was working in Koln, Germany. We first met in Hannover for a student symposium. He was one of a few enthusiasm photographer back then, He's still is. His works published in internet is what many of us knows him today. He was humble and always ready to gave others his knowledges. Very friendly indeed. Many of his works has inspired others to be like him. And because of him, one of Malaysian best photographer existed.

But personally I thought he's a funny guy. One who never fails to make me laugh when I cry. The one who whined with me together about the hot weather but let me have the umbrella instead. One who believed that Sheda is the most beautiful girl he ever date and forced us to agree with him. I thought he had great manners and civil awareness, one that is very rare in Malaysian culture. He was polite to strangers and he have great respect in others and thus he despised someone who isn't. It's a great sadness and unfortunate that we have lost someone who I believed can teach the world. A creative mind and a great cook too. To my family, he's a good boy.

In this regard, someone once said: A Good Friend is “the siblings God forgot to give us.” And another said: "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." But as for those of us who were considered Taufiq's friends - we saw him as “a four leaf clover, HARD TO FIND and LUCKY TO HAVE,” because he made the world SPECIAL just by being in it. Most people walk in and out of our lives, but only friends leave footprints in our hearts. 

So fare thee well, my friend taufiq, may your soul rest in perpetual peace! And I trust that Allah will richly reward him for his great deeds on earth, and protect him until such time that we shall meet again. May his soul rest in perfect peace! Amin...



15 comments:

Maja said...

beautifully written... very sorry for your loss! xxxx

Anonymous said...

Be mistaken.

Asura49 said...

Hi...silent reader here...
Takziah...

aimie said...

Inna lilah wa inna ilayhi raji'oon‎. Verily to Allah we belong, and to Him we shall return. I'm sorry for your loss, Hana.

Aida Narina said...

may taufiq rest in peace..i was touched by your entry about your dear friend hana and was hoping that u and fairuz are coping with the situation well ( i know u do). insyaAllah, u'll see each other again one fine day :) love lots, aida..

opY said...

Yes, he is one of Malaysian best photographer ever existed.

Sampai sekarang aku cam tak percaya dia dah pergi.Gonna miss him and his great great great photos.

I love you HF!

Sis Fiza said...

Al Fatihah...semoga allahyaham bersemadi di kalangan para solihin dan dijauhkan seksa kubur. Aminn...

Mohdazraee said...

may Allah bless him, i also inspired by his photography works and i learn the way he takes picture.. he make lots of benefit to others especially to people who love photography like me...yarhamkAllah ya Taufiq

Ria said...

He's a wonderful friend, I still can remember all his antics, and all his jokes, that trip to Germany, and those beautiful memories with him, will stay forever in our hearts...
We miss you Taufiq Shariff...

Sheda said...

"One who believed that Sheda is the most beautiful girl he ever date and forced us to agree with him"

Thank u for your kind words love. I still remember the time when we 1st met, I was nervous that u n Ria didn't 'approve' me as his girl. He told me so many times 'Its ok, they will accept u for who u are'. Indeed, its true. I feel honored to have make lots of new friends thanks to him. He has his own charming way even to strangers, right?

He is 1 of a kind, irreplaceable n have a great heart. I still can't believe that I was lucky enough to be a part of his life. Thank u Allah for those happy moments that I've shared with him. Lots of love n prayers for him, may he rest in peace. Amin

Moose said...

Topek was my senior back in Germany. Same age but different batch. I was shocked to hear the news that he was ill and was even shocked that he passed away 4 hours after I knew that he was ill. My fiance and I requested Topek to be our wedding photographer in December because we personally love his works and I've been admiring his work for quite some time. He declined saying that he might be busy since his work demanded him being outstation and all.

Little did we know, that he was gonna leave us. Little did we know that we never gonna see his work again.

May you rest in peace Topek. Al-Fatihah.

liyana said...

I was inspired by his photography skills when I first opened my Fotopages account back in 2004! Al-Fatihah utk beliau.

Hudarling said...

takziah to arwah's family and friends. al-fatihah.

Shahirah Elaiza said...

It's such a wake up call when someone young passes away...

May Allah swt bless his soul and protect him from the punishment of the grave.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?