London and Love

My dating period back then with my husband didn't lasted very long. It's funny, I've always had a picture in my mind that my husband would be someone I've known for a long time and was very comfortable with. Eventually we would be married. But just like the term "we can plan but God's the one who decides". 8 months after knowing Fairuz, we decided to get engaged. My parents was over the moon knowing that their hard-to-take-care daughter can be pass on to someone very reliable. 3 months after we decided that it's best that we didn't wait and just straight away get married since Fairuz got a decent job offered in the UK and I'd be continuing my PhD. It was like a gift from heaven since it was almost impossible for a fresh graduate to get a job since UK was having credit crunch problem.

Our first date was in the winter where it was holidays season for everyone. Like any Malaysian normal date, we had dinner and a movie. What not so normal about it was the fact that it's so freaking cold and was in a different country. London of course as that time Fairuz was a senior in Imperial College. Well I on the other hand was a grad student in King's College. That night was as cliche as it is as it was probably one of my best night I've ever had. But apart from going out with a total hunk, I love the night life and the vibe London can offer. The happenings of young hot 30 something girls night out to the club, the lack of school greasy-kids, the lights and painters painting tourists portraits in the middle of an open space. Somewhat uptown but with romantic air to it. We went to the heart of London, Leicester Sq for a movie. This is where all the box-office movie premier is held which explained why the tickets are much more expensive than a normal cinema.


And tinseltown for the dinner. Tinseltown is situated in Farringdon, just north east of central London. Tinseltown is owned by a Muslim, hence the halal foods. It's an American/Hollywood inspired style diner which is famous for its milkshakes. It's cosy which made it a perfect family place and a night out with friends as pictures of hollywood celebrities hugging the diner's owner hanged on their wall. This place is also famous for birthday celebration as the diner would announced to the public that it's someone's birthday.



The food is great especially when it's in big portion. And you gotta love the milkshakes. My fav is vanilla and peanut butter. So every year in order to reminisced back our dating day or when we feel that it's been a while that we spend some quality time together, Fairuz and I would go out to the same place. 


Our stop would be the Piccadilly circus where it's a famous tourist spot for taking pictures at the fountain with colourful billboard as background. We would then walk along the street to Leicester Sq. This has always been my favourite activity. You can never get bored of it. 


The cool ambient wrap around you and people going in and out of theatres and clubs wondering what are they celebrating amuses you. I love going on the back alleys from the Regent street. This is where you'd find London's secrets of old building and expensive restaurant with great Italian foods. The sight of security officers everywhere doesn't intimidated you instead it makes you feel secured. Nothing could go wrong except when there are drunk men talking gibberish and swearing ever so loudly at someone random. And their smell makes me want to puke. This is where the security comes in.


Because London is known for it's historic city, everything from very old to very new is kept cherished. It's something they are proud of. I've never had interest in history until I live here. Even to the smallest detail of history they still kept it alive. To them it's a story worth listening to. This city makes the love story of 2 people a history like they did to mine. But they kept it in the air. Until today this story of ours is felt every time we passes by. Because even for a very old broken love story is kept in the window of a shop for the public to view. 


I wonder if Charles were here will he reminisced his love life too?

22 comments:

Lydiarahayu85 said...

Salam.
just wonder, Hana captured gambar guna Nex 5 ka?
(^___^)

Aryana said...

Hello kak hana! Prior to this posted entry, I was wondering how your dating period was. Hihihiii.. Sorry for being 'menyibuk' and all but you're just someone that I could set as my perfect role model. You're such an inspiration to me in coping two things at one time (marriage and studies).

And honestly, I love all pictures that you posted here. I can imagine how the place looks like by looking at your picture. You manage to let people know how the place was by telling yours.

:)

Reena said...

Hana, i love love love your top! Cantik sgt. Sweettt je. Btw ni pics masa u guys stioll dating ke dah kahwin?

hanafedora said...

no no. This pictures were taken before we got the nex. It's from D80.

hanafedora said...

you are too sweet!

hanafedora said...

lol. The top is from topshop! these pics were taken masa dh kawin dh. :) Masa first dating mana ada bawak camera. malu je.hehehehe

arin ahamad said...

comelnyaaa kak hana dgn baju warna peach tu..tudung pun comel juga..what a live in London..i'm dream it!

Shahirah Elaiza said...

Your outfit is pretty!

And your love story is similar to my parents' ;)

Intansuraya2345 said...

Oh no.. gotta work on the grammar sis! it's very hard to understand what your story when there are too many grammar mistakes. I wont point out one by one, but just one for instance, "I wonder if Charles 'comes' here 'does' he reminisced his love life too", that's one weird sentence!

but both of you look cute nevertheless! =)

Lydiarahayu85 said...

Owh. No wonder la cantik ;-)
i tak reti lagi gune Nex in low light.
Btw,bila sampai M'sia?
Nak menjemput, kalau free jom la join hiking Tabur Hill ;-)
(sori, terlebih ramah pulak...)
Anyway, i inspired all of your entries. Meaningful sgt2.
I tempted to read and always waiting for your entry.
Rasa bersemangat nak learn english more! (sorry for my poor english. ehehe)

farah said...

i love ur post ! each one of it :D

opY said...

Babe, cantik gila!peach really looks nice on youu! ;)

Nampak gaya boleh jadi kaya balik KL nanti, baju u mesti laku nokss!hahaha

zarith said...

kak pedo and abg fairuz...u guys are so sweet..

hanafedora said...

Thank you for pointing that out love. Yes I have to say my english grammar are utterly bad. I learn english gradually by reading books and speaking with the locals here. But anyway, thank you and I really appreciated it. Maybe you can pinpoint it some more in the future? But maybe send me an email at hana.fedora@gmail.com instead of writing it in public. You know how public attacked can be a bit demoralising. Some people say public statement is to be read between the lines instead of taking it literally. I can learn and in return you can understand what I'm trying to convey. deal? Plus, we can be friends :)

hanafedora said...

Parents? hehehe that's is so cute! :)

hanafedora said...

come lah to London :)

aimiebahirah said...

i'm sure you've heard this a million times, but here's a million times more to that - you guys look sooo much alike! xo =)

hanafedora said...

I think the Nex is very in low light even if you use in intelligent auto function. That's what I used for my previous pictures :)

It's okay. English is something that we learn. Don't look up too much to me as my english grammar is horrible and I'm still learning. There are a lot of other articles and blogs out there that have immaculate english.

My first year of writing in this blog is in Malay n English a bit. I sounded like a school kid.

hanafedora said...

Peach look nice is it? One day I'll try to look gothic pulak. lol!!!

hanafedora said...

:) thanks you. btw call me Hana je okay :)

hanafedora said...

Some even thought we were siblings. It's so funny when someone visited your house the day after you got married and she said "eh I thought u guys are siblings, u two look alike".

irma said...

tinseltown.. memang BEST untuk dorang punya milkshakes. 3 kali cuba pun still tak dapat sama mcm dorang.. grrrr...