10 days before Eid

It's september and it's officially the beginning of the season autumn. I love autumn even more if it's not raining. I love it as the leaves on the trees is starting to turn brownish and yellowish and the weather get a bit chilly but we only need to wear a cardigan. It was raining last week. Because UK is always raining the ground is so green in summer. Soon all the green will turn into brown and UK will be so beautiful it makes me so happy to be able to live here and help he forget about Bazaar Ramadhan. pfftt!!

Today the sun was shining and although the air is a bit chilly it's still perfectly a fine weather. If you're living in the UK one of the main talking thing is always the weather.Weather here weather there. Yes Britain is known for it's crappy weather. Cold, wet and gloomy. So when there's sunshine it's like heaven here and everyone and even strangers are smiling and greeting. It's funny how a weather can be a factor to the country moods.

Anyway, I have been busy last week. Well to be honest. Not really. Haha. I've been having driving lessons for the past weeks and the instructor is so nice. Pure british gentleman. It feels like I'm 18 again and first time driving a car. I haven't been driving for the past 3 years and not that I forgot how to but it's so different here in the UK. The rules, the road signs, the attitudes, so I decided it's best if I get familiar with the small and confusing roads here before taking the exam. Fairuz already have a UK driving licence so now it's my turn. The rest of the story would be on a another post.

We'll be celebrating Eid here in the UK again. It's a bit boring though but we'll live. I hope now Ria will start to think on how to make delicious kuah kacang for me. Do you read this Ria??! I'll be knocking on your door any time soon now. We have to make Eid as celebrating as it can be here. And what with  everybody posting pictures of foods in facebook??!! pfftt!! Are you guys trying to make me jealous??




Usually in London there'll be Eid celebration in Tralfagar Square, they called it Eid in the Square where all the muslim around the UK gather there. There would be shows, nasyeed from local band (just men), and booths everywhere. It's pretty lively and you got to meet muslim from all corners of the world and from different walks of life and make friends. Gosh! I can't believe we're already in the last 10 days before Eid. By January I'll be in my third year of PhD. If that doesn't get me to start shivering I don't know what does.

Fairuz have this obsession with donuts and bread so last weekend I make donuts myself from scratch for iftar of course. It tasted OK, not exactly like what I expected but Fairuz thought it was fine. And because the flour I used was a wholemeal flour so I'm going to name it healthy homemade donuts. Haha!! Although the reason simply because it was Fairuz who was the one that bought the wholemeal flour. 





I hope this year Eid will be more meaningful despite not having our family and close friends with us. And no, I'm not making any more donuts for this Eid. Maybe I'll try persuade Fairuz to cook rendang instead.

Happy Eid mubarak all.

15 comments:

minona said...

dear hana...
it's ok :)
well hana, i wish i can.. but i cant :'(
i'll be off a month and a week to middle east starting 23/11 till 27/12
hana blk bile?

Hanishaizi said...

i love making donut from scratch too. lg sedap dr instant kan! u goreng ke u bakar?

minona said...

:) salam hana...
hope u doing fine overthere
feeling btol tgk gamba muslims kat Trafalgar 2..em...
yop... ur hubs + donut look so excited :D
donuts with love from his bunny wife ;)

Ria said...

babe! LOL read the post & comments
i'll try make nasi impit & kuah kacang (well not authentic kuah kacang, a mix of kuah rojak,
can?) that means, u definitely have to come for raya! haha
lab u much much :)
xoxo

Hudarling said...

Selamat menyambut the last week of Ramadhan and Hari Raya Aidilfitri! =]

hanafedora said...

Kami nk ria jugak buat... nk ria jugak...haha :p Ria kata dia nk buat..kalau tk nnti kitaorang raya rumah dia nk makan apa? :p

hanafedora said...

Hehe... minona nnti the end of this year come to our house okay and take that magnet.. Dh berkurun..soooo sorry..

hanafedora said...

is that an invitation I getting?? :)

hanafedora said...

hehe mari lah datang raya disini :)

Sheda said...

Cute nye donut u buat! Nak rasa plz!

Zaffi Zuhri said...

Jumla raya at Leicester... :))) Heheh.

opY said...

Hahaha buat kuah kacang senang lah Puan Hana, dont bully Ria, *tiba2* Come on!you can do it!hihi
Baju raya Auntie Sab dah kirim? This year color ape?=P

hanafedora said...

Hahaha apesal lawak? Macam budak excited kan..

A Lover59 said...

cute healthy donuts.....

Reena said...

Tak boleh imagine la kalau i kena celebrate Raya kat oversea. Nak celebrate kat Putrajaya pun tak sanggup apatah lg oversea. Lawak la pic your husband pose dengan donut tu. Heh.