2008, Young and Barcelona

It's surprising how only 2 years can change ones appearance drastically. Like wrinkle appeared, skins become more sensitive, some wear more make up and some gain some weight (like me, I'm not proud of it). Blame the hormone. 



Fairuz has this habit of keeping all photos captured in his camera memory card and never transfer them to laptop. So a few days ago I transferred all his photos from 2 years ago into his new Macbook. It was a lot. I mean really a lot. Of course those were the days when we could have long summer holidays and travel really really a lot. Traveling was one of my hobby (until now though I couldn't find time anymore) while living here. Because face it, this is the time I could travel freely without kids to care of and expensive tickets to worry about. One of the perks of living in Europe. We got variety of countries to visit and culture to experience. It's cool. 



One of the experience I've never shares here is where me, my bf (now husband) and 2 of my bestfriends went to Barcelona in July 2008. It was summer and it was super hot there. And coincidently it was the Euro cup final and Spain won the match. It was some night to remember. Imagine Spain celebrating that night. 



So I was looking through the transferred pictures when I realised I look so very young (not that I'm old now but still...) in the photos. Yes I was quite slim(one of the thing I miss about *sigh) and no make up to cover my young face (I was a simple girl and love being free and natural and also it was easy for me pray without make up on, imagine taking your ablution with your eye liner and mascara on. tsk). It amazed me that although it was just 2 years ago, I look very different in terms of appearances (I still have the same face). I mean look at Fairuz. He looks like a 16 years old. So if it was 2 years ago and that would mean I married an 18 years old. Sheesh! No way.



There's a funny story happen while we were in Barcelona. Ria wasn't a hijab wearer when I first met her and while we become friends. It was a really weird and awkward time when she decided she wanted to wear one. It was while in Barcelona and it was super hot where women wear skimpy clothes and bikinis and a rare opportunity to witness naked people on the beach that she decided it was time. Haha. I guess it was the pressure (I think that was what she said). At first she said it was some trial and error time but turn out it stick in the end. Isn't nice? see how cute she look. 



Barcelona was a great place to visit in the summer. Despite the flood of tourists everywhere, Barcelona has a few places that should be visited. I couldn't remember the names but a few of their main attractions is the architectures by the famous Gaudi. Gaudi has this weird taste and concept I couldn't never understand as an engineer. It's colourful and quirky, even his apartment is so cute.

If one day you have the chance to visit a country. One of them should definitely be Barcelona.

Oh I wish I could write more but it already 11pm (we researcher sleep early I tell you..or is it just me?) and Fairuz's already snoring. My eyes are half shut now I couldn't be bother to correct/edit any typo in this post. So I think it's time. Oh...whatever....goodnight peeps!

23 comments:

kak gie said...

dulu ke kini ke, awak tetap comellLL!! SUNGGUH.

Anakitikcomot said...

my oh my..

i really enjoy seeing the pics....

n you r beautiful dear!!

hanafedora said...

aww terima kasih kak gie. ALhamdulillah

hanafedora said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA

hanafedora said...

Thank u anakitikcomot :)

hanafedora said...

Sure :) By all means be my guest

Zaffi Zuhri said...

Salam Hana..
Nice and interesting blog you have, I like! :) Just want to say hello and I've added your blog link to my blog list.

Ria said...

I was ironing my shirt (in front of you) when you wrote this entry! haha :)

hanafedora said...

aww terima kasih kak gie. ALhamdulillah

kak gie said...

dulu ke kini ke, awak tetap comellLL!! SUNGGUH.

hanafedora said...

Thank u anakitikcomot :)

hanafedora said...

Sure :) By all means be my guest

hanafedora said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA

hanafedora said...

aww terima kasih kak gie. ALhamdulillah

Anakitikcomot said...

my oh my..

i really enjoy seeing the pics....

n you r beautiful dear!!

Zaffi Zuhri said...

Salam Hana..
Nice and interesting blog you have, I like! :) Just want to say hello and I've added your blog link to my blog list.

Ria said...

I was ironing my shirt (in front of you) when you wrote this entry! haha :)

kak gie said...

dulu ke kini ke, awak tetap comellLL!! SUNGGUH.

kak gie said...

dulu ke kini ke, awak tetap comellLL!! SUNGGUH.

hanafedora said...

aww terima kasih kak gie. ALhamdulillah

Cheryl Intan said...

oops, i think i may have asked a few questions through formspring. maybe not teh right place.
So, here goes.. I'm planning for a euro trip this coming june (summer right?) is it too hot during that time? I was thinking to take trains around at least 3 countries in europe. so how can we do that? how do you travel?

hanafedora said...

Answered already in formspring. You need to give me specific info though.

Anis izyan Abd Rahman said...

kak hana , i love your travelogue ~